At its meeting in Boston in 2012 the Executive Committee established an ad interim Commission on Crystallography of Materials.
- Artem R. Oganov (Chair, USA)
- Barbara Albert (Germany)
- Evgeny V. Antipov (Russia)
- Wenhui Duan (People's Republic of China)
- Julian D. Gale (Australia)
- Jean-Francois Halet (France)
- Michele Parrinello (Switzerland)
- Boris I. Yakobson (USA)
- Tian Cui (People's Republic of China)
- Changqing Jin (People's Republic of China)
- Takao Mori (Japan)
- Vladimir L. Solozhenko (France)
Terms of reference
- To organize Keynote Lectures, symposia and workshops (also in collaboration with other Commissions) on the hottest topics at the crossroads between crystallography and materials science, and raise the presence of materials scientists at crystallographic meetings.
- To strengthen the links and interactions among crystallographers and materials scientists, solid-state physicists and chemists.
- To organize workshops to increase crystallographic proficiency of materials scientists and physicists, and to train a new generation of crystallographers working in various fields of materials science.
- To promote scientific collaboration and mobility of scientists across these disciplines.
- To spearhead the recognition of crystallography as an interdisciplinary science (not just as a technique or as a tool).
- To encourage the publication of materials science research in the journals of the Union.
- Finally, the Commission will act in accordance with the general statement of principles regarding Commissions of the IUCr.
Mailing list: contact Artem R. Oganov to be included, and also to distribute information on events, job openings, etc.
Events related to this Commission
Job openings related to this Commission
Resources and research news related to this Commission